top of page
Brick Building

Need Help paying for rent?

For individuals and families who have lost income or are struggling to pay
their rent, there is help available.

RCAP Solutions serves as the regional Housing Consumer Education
Center (HCEC) for Worcester County and a handful of surrounding towns
and administers financial assistance through the Residential Assistance
for Families in Transition (RAFT) program. This program can provide
eligible households with funding that can be used to help stay in current
housing, obtain new housing, or otherwise avoid becoming homeless.

Who is eligible?

Anyone experiencing a housing crisis, including:

  • Individuals

  • Families with or without children

  • Unaccompanied youth

  • Household income must be below 50% of the area median income (AMI)

Required Documents

When completing the online application, you will be required to provide:

  • ID for Head of Household

  • Proof of current housing 

  • Proof of housing crisis

  • Proof of income 

How can funds be used?

Program funds can be used for housing-related expenses only, including:

  • Rent arrears

  • Utility arrears

  • Short-term rental stipend

  • Security deposits

  • Start-up costs (if moving to a new apartment)

  • First and last month’s rent

If you have questions Contact

Program Details

Detalles del programa Español

bottom of page